Blevins Family Journal

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Mother of the Year Award

My poor sweet baby. I am sure that he is going to go to school and tell them that I did it. He has already mentioned to me this morning that "Mommy did it". I was out and about last night and he stayed home with Michael. I got home and he was at the door waiting on me and was holding it open for me telling me to come in. Well, I went to grab the door and his hand slipped down the glass (full glass storm door) and I could not catch him. It is my fault for grabbing the door before he got back. It swelled instantly and Michael put a frozen bag of peas on it to help with the sweelling and I gave him some Motrin. It is amazing how resilant these little suckers are. He was up running around within minutes of it. I felt horrible, but as someone told me, this will not be the last time that I have a kid that looks like I beat the snot out of them.


4 comments:

MartiMichelle said...

most people beat their kids in private. they don't take pictures of it and post it for all the world to see. Now you can't deny it ever happened. remember leave no paper trail!

Marie said...

Thats right...Marti should know ! :) We have those goose eggs constantly around here (plus scars and scrapes..) It will never end. Don't feel bad though- it's part of growing up. If they didn't do it there would be fewer photo ops!

Anonymous said...

You notice how Marti's pictures are always of her kids being happy? That's because she beats them into submission when no one is looking. She's good at hiding the mean side of parenting.

Krista said...

I guess I need to learn how to hide it better. Marti, can you show me some pointers?