Blevins Family Journal

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mommy & Me Day!

Cauy, Tyler and I decided to go to the Zoo today and spend some time together. This is the first time that I have taken Cauy to the LR Zoo. We went to the St. Louis Zoo last year and he really enjoyed it them, so I knew that he would certainley enjoy it this time. We did lunch first and then headed to the Zoo. You would think that children under 3 would be free, but no, they are $4.00. Oh well, we still had a great time. He saw the Great Apes first and was trying to get to them. He is not really at the age to understand that he cannot play with all the animals. Most of the animals were out and about and he got to go play with the goats. He kept leaning down and talking to them. "Hey doat, mere doat". I wish I would have remembered the camera. I was so mad when I realized that I had ran off and left it at home! I was going to let him ride the camel, but he did not seem that interested in it. After about 2 hours of up and down, I could tell that he was getting tired (as I was too) and we made our way home. He was asleep 2 minutes after leaving the parking lot. Maybe he will take a really good nap and let me get some things done around the house.

We have got some serious work to get done around the house before his party in a few weeks. We need to prime and paint the cabinet that we built, I need to get the flower bed weeded and some new things planted and I want to get the dining room and the living room painted by then, but not sure that I am going to have time.

I am certainley enjoying being school free for a few months! I did not do as well as I wanted to this semester, but I did pass all my classes, so that is what counts. I am off to get some housework done. See ya!

No comments: